Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Boosting the Local Medical Economy

I sometimes wonder if my family is single-handedly keeping Orange County doctors in business.

Declan has been under doctor's care since he was three days old.  Because of his medical troubles--small mouth/bad latch, gastroesophageal reflux disease, thrush--I feel as though doctor's offices dominate my life.

About a week ago, I noticed that my throat was beginning to feel scratchy.  My first concern was not for me.  Oh, no.  My first concern was what if Declan gets a sore throat, or strep throat, or some other throat-aching illness from me?!  We already have enough trouble trying to keep food in him.  The LAST thing that we need is more issues with his eating!

One last minute ENT doctor's appointment later and I learn that--thank heavens--I had no signs of anything too troublesome.  However, while there I scheduled a first appointment for Taylor.  (If it's not one kid, it's another, right?)  We might was well get back on course for her cholesteatoma  follow-ups.

Two doctor's office visits in one week.  Thankfully this week should be doctor-free.  Should be.  Fingers and toes firmly crossed.  But Declan does have yet another follow-up appointment next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...